From the 20 to 21st of June 2018, Oporto will be the center stage for Luxury Design & Craftsmanship Summit organized by Covet Group.
One of the only events in the world bringing together the creative minds, designers, makers, and brands, to discuss what is next in the Luxury Design world. This event will bring you a new perspective and the most innovative practices of the luxury and design industries as the major players in the growth and elevation of Craftsmanship.
Taking place in a city renowned for its craftsmanship heritage, Oporto, Portugal, the two-day event will present an outstanding line-up of keynote speakers to provide a lively debate and informed conversation for those who seek to be at the forefront of the Luxury Design field.
The opening event will be at Pavilhão Multiusos de Gondomar, designed by Pritzker Winners, Siza Vieira, on the 20th June with the live showcase by master artisans of azulejo, wood and other ancient crafts.
The first panel dedicate to The Value of Craftsmanship for the Luxury World, will show real case studies that translate the meaning of exclusivity and authenticity. This day will be closed by Gondomar’s Mayor, Marco Martins with a Port of Honor.
At the second day, on 21st of June, two panels will be presented Design as driving force for Local Craftsmanship, a closer look into the raise of the Designer-Maker, a journey from the past towards a new cultural progress, to promote creativity and innovation, while respecting traditions and safeguarding heritage..
The closing panel Luxury Branding: the behind the scenes story will debate the relation between the heritage techniques and its usage for the most recent marketing campaigns of leading luxury business brands.
During this two-day event, the craftsmanship will be present and discuss with a new approach and dimension, reflection of the dynamic and digital world where craftsmanship is a tool for design brands and other arts.
Confirmed speakers to the moment:
- Michaelangelo Foundation, an international non-profit entity that celebrates and preserves master craftsmanship and strengthens its connection to the world of design.
- Fundação Ricardo Espírito Santo Silva, a foundation created with the aim of protecting and disseminating the Portuguese Decorative Arts and the handicrafts related to them.
- Luís Onofre, designer of luxury shoes and accessories and President of APICCAPS
- Vista Alegre, the oldest porcelain factory in the Iberian Peninsula
- Topázio, a Portuguese company with more than 140 years of history, expert in the creation and production of unique designed hand-carved silver.
- Boca do Lobo, Portuguese brand of furniture-art design recognized for its unique and innovative design always hand-worked.
This event is made in association with Thinkers & Makers Foundation, whose mission is to celebrate and honour the craftsmanship and every single person who creates soulful pieces with their own hands.
According to the organization, “A unique new Summit dedicated to exploring the increasingly crucial nexus between luxury and craftsmanship as essential components to inject a new verve into the design world.”
For the detailed conference programme and information are presented at the website: http://designandcraftsmanship.com
For media accreditation please send information to firstname.lastname@example.org until de 19th of June.
For more informations:
Phone: +351 966 448 666